Bodily injury claims form the vast majority of our practice and we have practiced in it since the outset. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, a slip and fall, or another form of accident, you may be eligible for compensation. Our lawyers have experience advancing a wide range of personal injury claims and would be happy to provide a free consultation over the phone or in person.

You do not pay a fee upfront or along the way: All personal injury clients pay our fees on a contingent basis – meaning that our fee is paid as a percentage of the settlement amount, but only after we get you that compensation. To be clear, we have an interest in ensuring you achieve the best compensation. However, we’ll always provide you correct, objective and clear advice on your legal position and your options.

Injury claims need proof, and our clients often don’t know where to start or how to finance the documents and medical evidence necessary to prove their case. We take on that expense while you’re injured by funding and requesting the necessary documents and evidence.

Our Experience

Resolute Law Group’s lawyers have successfully represented hundreds of injured people: adults and children; old and young; tradespeople, executives, professionals and students. We represent people from our hometown, as well as individuals all around the world who have been injured in Alberta or British Columbia.

Regardless of where you’re from, what you do or who you are, we treat all our clients as equals whose rights need to be protected and whose lives and lifestyles need to be preserved.

What can we do for you?

We have represented people suffering injuries ranging from whiplash to paralysis or brain injury, and take great pride in representing clients in actions involving a wide variety of causes. See some examples of our cases here.

What we can do for you is multifaceted:

  • We gather and preserve your evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and fiercely advocate for you in your claim, whether that is a settlement a few months after being retained, or after arguing your case in the Courtroom. Many of our cases are settled prior to Court proceedings, and often we settle at court-alternative proceedings like mediation or Judicial Dispute Resolution – what is called JDR.
  • We also guide you through the process of obtaining interim treatment and funding as well as getting you wage replacement benefits from various sources. In all our cases, we can help you find the funding you need in order to preserve your lifestyle while you’re out of work.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident our lawyers will advance your claim for compensation, and will act to preserve your evidence and protect your rights while you’re recovering.

With some of our lawyers and staff having been injured in motor vehicle accidents, we understand the pain, stress, and uncertainty that you may be experiencing. We will guide you through the process with compassion and ensure that you get compensation that is more than fair for your injuries and any economic losses.

Our lawyers bring a unique perspective to motor vehicle accident claims: we have both prosecuted and defended motor vehicle accident claims, so have considerable experience.

We also understand the tactics employed by motor vehicle insurers and defence lawyers – having been defence counsel in the past. Our knowledge base and effective strategies ensure our clients receive what we call “the high side of fair compensation”.


A slip and fall accident can be life-altering in an instant. If you have been injured at property you don’t own, our lawyers can help you advance a claim for compensation.

We have experience representing individuals injured at grocery stores, hotels, and other commercial buildings as well as on private residential or even government property.

Slip and fall accidents can result in injuries ranging from sprains to paralysis and brain injury. Often there are multiple parties who are responsible, and their involvement is unknown without significant investigation.

Our lawyers can help you advance a claim and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.


In addition to motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall accidents, our lawyers have experience advancing claims in relation to other types of accidents. We have acted for individuals injured by:

  • Carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Consumer product malfunctions
  • Poor elevator maintenance
  • Garage door malfunction
  • Dog bites, assault, and various other accidents.
  • If you have been injured as a result of an accident that was not your fault, please contact Resolute Law Group for a free consultation.

Why hire Resolute Law Group personal injury lawyers?

Our mission is to provide you objective and correct advice and representation. Many law firms represent only insurance companies or only injured people because they believe it’s a conflict of interest to see the other side of the equation. Most lawyers never step outside those bounds in their entire careers.

We believe that to get you the best result, you need the right advice and the right representation. That means we tell our clients the way things are, not just tell them what they want to hear.

Our history as a firm contains experience working with most of the very insurers who are now on the other side of our injured clients. We also continue a small practice advising self-insured retailers and Lloyd’s of London syndicates on matters that generally do not involve motor vehicle accidents. In this way, we know what insurers will do, we know their tactics, needs and disposition, and can anticipate their movements and strategies on your behalf. Our mission is to use our knowledge and unique understand to get you the best result – the “high side of fair”.

Frequently Asked Questions

Some of the most common personal injury cases we handle are motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and occasionally assaults and poisonings.

This varies from case to case and depends on the complexity of the accident, the nature of the injuries, the treatment involved, and the defendant’s level of cooperation.

Many law firms will charge 35% of the damages recovered, which is our fee as well. More important than the fee charged is the quality of service and the result obtained. If you are discussing your file with other law firms, keep in mind that firms charging lower amounts may not offer the same level of service or experience that Resolute Law Group offers and are not likely to provide you with the same excellent outcome we usually obtain.

You can wait up to two years after your accident, but we do not recommend this. We suggest you retain a lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or injury. A good lawyer can guide you on what to do next with your health benefits claim, your vehicle collision claim and by gathering evidence to prove your claim.

You do not have to communicate in any way with the other driver’s insurance company. Unless you are familiar with your rights and the law in Canada, you are not likely to say anything that will help your claim, and almost anything you say will likely hurt your claim. This includes giving the other driver’s insurer the authority to look at your health records. Often, your health records will include information that is irrelevant or of no significance to your claim, including podiatry, gynecology, or optometry records. By signing authorizations for the other party’s insurer, you are unnecessarily giving them access to all these records.

Not necessarily. Most personal injury cases are handled outside of court, and there are many stages to go through before your case goes to court. At Resolute Law Group, many of our cases are settled prior to Court proceedings, and we often settle at court-alternative proceedings like mediation or Judicial Dispute Resolution (JDR).

Personal injury law is a form of civil law that involves advising and representing people when they are hurt or injured due to someone else’s negligence. In personal injury law, one person sues another, and the government is not involved.

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Alberta, you have the right to file a claim for your injuries and losses. Depending on the severity of your injury and its impact on your life, you will probably want to seek compensation by retaining a personal injury lawyer to handle your case.

A person’s injury claim is assessed by evaluating the nature of the injury, the duration the person suffered the injury, the impact on their personal life, work and recreation, and by adding in economic losses such as lost wages, lost opportunities for business, school or recreation and by determining whether any losses will go into the future, such as treatment, or an ongoing inability to carry on working in the future.

Determining the value of your claim can be complicated. The personal injury lawyers at Resolute Law Group will thoroughly assess your claim in order to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.

A contingency fee is a form of payment that lawyers receive for their legal services based on a percentage of the settlement amount.

Our view is that it’s always best to hire a personal injury lawyer rather than deal directly with the insurance company if you’ve been injured due to an accident. Insurance companies prefer to settle claims quickly and directly with an injured person because they almost always pay less money to people that are not represented by a lawyer. Personal injury lawyers like those at Resolute Law Group know how to get the best compensation possible for your injuries, so you receive a fair settlement.

Keep any medical reports, police reports, and repair records if the accident involves your vehicle. Be sure to take pictures of the accident site and your injuries. If in doubt, keep it and call a lawyer as soon as possible to determine what’s necessary and what will be needed to prove your claim.

Yes, you are entitled to certain limited medical benefits from your own insurance company.

In Alberta, injured individuals must settle their claim or commence a lawsuit within two years of the date they knew they became injured. If you do not settle your claim or commence a lawsuit within those two years, then your claim will be barred, and you will not be entitled to any compensation.

At Resolute Law Group, we offer free consultations. Call us at (587) 392-5825 to speak to a personal injury lawyer.

In Alberta, you should be entitled to receive ‘wage replacement’ benefits to a limited amount from your own car insurer if you were injured in an MVA. The benefits are complex, and certain requirements must be taken care of quickly. You should contact a personal injury lawyer to see if you are eligible for such benefits and how to access other sources of support.

If you are injured in an accident that doesn’t involve a motor vehicle, you may be entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) if you are unable to work through no fault of your own. You may be eligible for EI payments if you cannot work due to an injury, but this is complex and depends greatly on your circumstances. You should contact a lawyer to seek advice on this point.